Spicy Peanut Sesame Noodles
Write a review
For the Sauce
- 6 Tbsp chopped scallions (the white part) (reserve greens for garnish)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 c tahini paste
- 2 tbsp creamy penut butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/4 c water
For the Noodles
- 1, 7oz (200g) package of vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1&1/2 c shredded carrots
- 2 cups edamame
- 1 large cucumber, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
For the sauce
- Put eveything in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Drain and rinse well under cold water.
- Leave the noodles in the colander so that after you are finished rinsing them the cold water can drain out.
- Mix room temp rice noodles with whatever veggies you are using and dress with sauce.
- Serve cold or at room temp.
- *you can easily customize by using whatever veggies you like or have in your house!
- **If you do not have rice noodles, this is sauce goes just as well on regular angel hair pasta, or even noodles!
- ***I sometimes turn this into a whole meal by adding some cut up grilled chicken or skirt steak!!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/