Pumpkin Pie Babka with Lotus Spread Crumbs
Write a review
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 scant tsp. cardamom
- 1/8 scant tsp. all spice
- 1/8 scant tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 scant tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 scant tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb challah dough
For the crumbs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/3 cup crunchy biscoff lotus spread
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 170c (approx, 340f)
- Grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt and all the spices.
- Mix well to make sure that the spices are evenly distributed through out.
- Roll out dough to a 12x18 inch rectangle.
- Spread pumpkin mixture across dough leaving a 1 inch border across the top.
- Starting at the bottom, roll dough into a log.
- Grab the log at both ends and gently twist it over a few times.
- Place twisted log into the bundt and gently press the two ends together to seal.
- Cover bundt with a saran and set in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes to an hour.
- While the babka is rising, make the crumbs.
- In a smal bowl, combine flour, oil and lotus spread.
- Using your fingertips, gently work the ingredients together to form a crumbly mixture.
- Once babka has risen, brush the dough with egg and sprinkle lotus crumbs on top.
- Bake for 45 - 1 hour, depending on your oven
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before removing from bundt.
For the cardamom whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/