TANGERINE SCENTED, ASIAN-INSPIRED PULLED DUCK
Write a review
- 2 boneless duck breasts (with skin)
- 1/2 cup tangerine juice (from about 4 tangerines)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. gochugang
- 1 tsp. white miso
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. corn starch (reserve for thickening sauce)
- Score the skin of the duck breasts (about 1 cm deep) and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine, Tangerine juice, garlic, ginger, gochugang, miso, honey and soy sauce.
- Mix to combine and add duck breasts to the bowl.
- Allow duck to marinade for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350f (180c).
- Lightly grease a small baking dish (just big enough to fit 2 duck breasts).
- Add duck breast and marinade to the baking dish, with the duck skin side up and cover.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove any sauce from the dish and pot into a bowl.
- Separate the skin from the meat and discard the skin.
- Using two forks shared the meat.
- Add 2 tbsp of the sauce to the duck and mix.
- (This will keep the duck moist while making the glaze)
- Set aside duck and make glaze.
- Skim as much fat aspkossible off the top off the reserved juices and discard.
- Remove 1 tbsp of the remaining juice to a small bowl and mix well with the cornstarch to create a slurry..
- Pour the reserved juice and slurry mixture into a small pot.
- Cookin on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce has reduced by 1/4 and become thick.
- It will continue to thicken and turn more “syrupy” as it cools.
- Pour over warm pulled duck and serve anyway you like!
- *Feel free to swap out tangerine for orange, clementine or even blood orange. This is just whats at peak season where I am!
- **You can go in so many directions with his duck.
- top some crispy scallion latkes
- Fill inside small egg roll wrappers and either bake or fry
- Make pulled duck sliders with kimchi
- Spread over grilled flatbread for a pulled duck pizza
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/