Write a review
- 3 cups strawberries (I use frozen for this, and I do NOT even defrost!)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put everything in a medium sized pot and place over medium high heat
- Cover and let mixture come to a boil.
- Once boil remove cover and stir.
- If strawberries are still frozen, replace cover and check back every few minutes or so.
- Once strawberries are soft, remove cover and reduce heat to low.
- Allow mixture to simmer for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes use a masher or fork to break up the strawberries.
- Keep strawberries on heat until most of the liquid has disappeared and the mixture has thickened.
- When you dip a metal spoon in it should coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until using.
- *Make sure the jam is cold before you swirl it onto the ice cream mixture or it will melt the ice cream!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/