STOVETOP SAVORY BRISKET
Write a review
- 1, 3lb brisket
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 cups sautéed onions
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 cups red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat a wide heavy bottom pot over high heat.
- Mix spices and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Sprinkle spice mixture liberally all over the brisket.
- Add oil to the pot and lay brisket down.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes in each side to seal in all that good flavor.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Pour in chicken soup and add bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, then return brisket to the pot.
- Lower flame to a very gentle simmer.
- Cook for 2 hours then flip meat over.
- Continue cooking for another 1-3 hour until@meat is fork tender.
- Make sure to cool meat down down in the sauce so that it doesn't dry out!
- Store and reheat in the sauce!
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/