SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI SALAD WITH A SPICY PEANUT SESAME DRESSING
Write a review
For the Dressing
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large scallion (green + whites), roughly chopped
- 2 red thai chilles (use 1 if you don't want the heat)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup tahini paste ( I love the Al Arz brand)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey (if you like it sweeter add an extra tbsp.)
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (from about 2-3 limes)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cups cold water
For the Salad
- 6 zucchinis, spiralized (or peeled with a julienne peeler)
- 4 carrots, julienned
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups precooked edamame (optional)
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts, pink skins removed, lightly crushed
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 red thai chile, thinly sliced on an angle
- olive oil
- kosher salt
For the dressing
- Place garlic, chiles and scallion in a food processor.
- Blend until minced.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well blended and all the ingredients come together.
- Place into a jar or container and store in the fridge until 30 minutes before your ready to use it.
For the salad
- Spiralize zucchini and lay them out on a kitchen towel to dry out for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil t the pan, a batch of the spiralized zucchini and a small pinch of kosher salt (you can fill the pan, but you only want 1 layer of the spiralized zucchini so that you can toss it easily.)
- Constantly toss around the spiralized zucchini for 1 minute.
- Remove from the pan (even if they don't seem ready, they will contue to cook), and place in a baking dish while you continue sautéing the rest of the spiralized zucchini.
- Allow zucchini to cool for 15 minutes (or refrigerate until assembling), then toss together with carrots and cabbage.
- Lay mixture on a platter and top with dressing.
- Spread edamame, cilantro, scallions, Chile, crush peanuts, and sesame seeds over the top of the dish.
- Serve family style and enjoy!
- dressing- can stay in the fridge for 10 days
- toast sesame seeds - can stay in the freezer for a month
- crushed peanuts - can stay for 2 weeks in an airtight container in a cool dark cabinet
- Spiralized & sautéed zucchini - can make 24 hours before (I prefer them cold!)
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/