Sherry Braised Short Ribs
Write a review
- 5lb short ribs
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups sherry wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 135c (275F)
- Place a large oven-proof pot or dutch oven or high heat.
- Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, brown the short ribs on all sides.
- Remove to a plate.
- In the same pot and onions and garlic.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture up to a boil and return short ribs to the pot.
- Put them in so that the bone is on top and all of the meat is submerged in the liquid.
- Cover the pot and place in oven.
- Bake 135 for 3 hours, checking them after 1.5 hours, and then again after 2.5 hours.
- Allow ribs to cool in the sauce for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove short ribs and skim as much oil as possible.
- Place pot over high heat and boil the leftover sauce for about 6-8 minutes until it has reduced by half and slightly thickened.
- Pour over ribs.
- Serve hot!
- These freeze really well.
- To freeze, let them cool completely and then place a layer of saran wrap directly on the ribs.
- Cover with tightly with foil and freeze for up to one month.
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/