SHAKSHUKA FOR A CROWD
Write a review
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, sliced into rings (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 55 oz of pure tomato sauce (not marinara)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 8-10 eggs (depending on how many people you want to feed), cracked into separate bowls or cups.
- Optional Toppings/Garnishes
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups leftover shredded beef
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chiles in adobo
- 1 cup parsley, loosely torn
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- techina, for drizzling
- lemon gremolata
- Preheat oven to 400f and grease a baking sheet.
- In a small pot add oil, onion, garlic and jalapeño.
- Cook until fragrant (about 3-5 minutes)
- Add sauce and bring to a boil. (If you are making with shredded beef or chicken add it to the sauce now)
- Pour sauce into the sheet pan.
- Use a spoon to make a little well in the corner of the sheet pan and add one egg.
- Continue this process leaving a little space between each egg.
- If using cheese sprinkle over the sauce now.
- Place sheet pan in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Remove from the oven, top with garnishes and serve immediately!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/