SAVORY MELTED PEPPER and ONION JAM
Write a review
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (or add 1-2 jalapeños in with the peppers)
- 3/4 cups sautéed onions
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add oil, peppers and salt. Cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly. (Don’t let peppers burn)
- After 5 minutes reduce heat to low and cook peppers for another 25 minutes, stirring every so often to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Once peppers are soft add in cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Cook until garlic is just heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Add onions to the pot and raise heat to high.
- Pour in wine.
- Cook until all the liquid evaporates (about 1 minute) and shut off heat.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve hot or cold!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/