Write a review
- 12 oz. Salmon, no skin
- 1 small purple onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1/4. C parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced (you can remove seed and membrane if you don’t want it to be too spicy)
- 1&1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. crack blacked pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c panic bread crumbs (unseasoned is best)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cut fish into 1 inch chunks and add to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until fish resembles the texture of ground beef.
- Add ground salmon to a large bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until everything is well distributed and combined.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator so that all the flavors can come together.
- When ready to cook, heat a pan over medium high heat and add 2 tbsp canola oil.
- Form patties with your hands using 1/4 cup of the mixture.
- Add to oil and cook for 3 minutes on one side.
- Then flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remover from pan and place on a cooling rack while you continue to cook the rest.
- You may need to add oil to the pan as you go to prevent them from sticking.
- Serve on buns or alone alongside the chipotle lime crema and some pickled onions!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/