PULL APART POTATO FLOWER
Write a review
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 1 large (2 medium) onions, diced
- ¼ Tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp salt (for the onions, when they are sautéing)
- ½ tsp black pepper (for the onions when they are sautéing)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Sea salt
- Wash potatoes and place in a large pot filled with water.
- Add salt and bring potatoes to a boil.
- Immidiately reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Add oil, onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 25-30 minutes until onions are golden brown.
- When potatoes are fork tender, drain well and return to the hot pot.
- Add the oil from the sauteed onions, the last amount of salt and pepper, and paprika and mash very well.
- Add onions and stir to form mashed potatoes.
- Mix in egg yolks, stirring vigorously so that the egg doesn’t cook.
- Set aside.
- On a well floured surface, roll out puff pastry to form a long rectangle.
- Spoon half the potato mixture along one of the long sides of the puff pastry.
- Start from the edge of one of side, but leave a 1 inch gap from the pototao mixture to the edge of the puff pastry on the second side. Roll up dough to create a potato filled log.
- Transfer log to a well greased, parchment lined baking sheet.
- Gently shape the log into a circle.
- Attach the two ends, and overlap the extra dough from the sec ond side of puff pastry over the side that was filled to the edge.
- This will form a seal to the cirle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut ¾ of the way into the ring to create slices.
- Using your hands, gently push the ring outwards from the center to slightly seperate the slices.
- Brush the top with egg and sprinkle sea salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Once potato flower is completely cool, wrap gently in Saran Wrap. Freeze overnight. Then remove, wrap in multiple layers of Saran Wrap and 1 layer of foil. At this point it is already frozen and you can even stack things on top of it.
- Remove from the freezer the night before serving and place in fridge. If defrosting for same day, leave it on the counter. Once defrosted, very carefully remove foil and Saran Wrap and place on a baking sheet. Reheat in the oven or on a plata, uncovered.
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/