No-churn Chocolate Lovers Ice cream Sandwiches
Write a review
For the Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2&1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted condensed milk caramel
- 1 jar fluff, poured into a piping bag or ziplock bag
- 1 batch chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough cut into small 1/4 inch chunks
- 2, 2 liter containers
- 1 batch sheet pan brownie
For the ice cream
- In a medium sized bowl combine sweetened condensed milk with cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Pour heavy cream into the bowl of an electric mix and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Once cream is whipped remove beater from the mixer.
- Pour condensed milk and cocoa mixture into the bowl and gently fold it in until it is all combined.
- Now its time to get layering!
- Pour a layer of the ice cream mixture into the bottom of the tupperwares.
- Next add a generous sprinkling of the cookie dough.
- Use the piping bag to squeeze the fluff in a zig zag form over the cookie dough.
- Drizzle the salted caramel over the cookie dough and the fluff.
- Next add another layer of the chocolate ice cream and top with another layer of the toppings.
- To fish off add one last layer of ice cream and end with a final layer of toppings.
- Cover tupperwares and place in a freezer for at least 5-6 hours.
- It is recommended to serve in bowls. Once you take a spoon and eat directly from the container it will all be over. You will not be able to stop at just one bite.
To assemble sandwiches
- Cut sheet pan brownie in half and turn one half upside down.
- Place ice cream scoops allover the upside down half, leaving a half inch border.
- Use an offset spatula to flatten out ice cream scoops.
- Place the other half of the brownie right side up ontop of the ice cream.
- Once frozen cut into single serving ice cream sandwiches.
- Refreeze until serving.
- This base can be changed to meet your likings.
- If you don't want chocolate ice cream you can simply leave out the cocoa powder.
Here is a list of variations
- Vanilla: leave out cocoa powder
- Coffee: replace cocoa with 4 tsp instant coffee mixed with 2 tsp hot water. (let cool before adding)
- Peanut butter: replace cocoa with 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Strawberry: puree 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries and replace wit cocoa
- Mint: Replace cocoa with 1-2 tsp mint extract (depending on your taste) + 2 tsp green food coloring gel
In addition to changing u ice cream flavors you can also bbq creative and change up any of the toppings. Heres some fun suggestions and combos
- chocolate chips
- caramel chips
- peanut butter chips
- white chocolate chips
- cut up candy bars (kit Kats, milky ways, snickers, peppermint patties)
- crushed pretzels + slated caramel + milk chocolate chunks
- cut up raspberries + granola + milk chocolate chunks
- cut up peppermint patty + crushed almonds + chocolate chips
- cut up strawberries + cookie dough + salted caramel
- roasted peaches + crushed oatmeal cookies + cinnamon
- The list of things you can do with this stuff is endless. So be creative and have fun!!!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/