Write a review
- 2 bottles merlot
- 1 large orange, sliced into 1/2 in slices
- 1 c sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 8 cloves
- 4 allspice berries
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 cardamom pods
- 2 large bay leaves
- Using the back of knife, very gently press down on the cardamom and allspice berries until they just begin to crack.
- Add them to a medium pot along with the star anise, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Place over medium heat and cook just until the spice start to become fragrant.
- About two minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Optional garnish: Cinnamon Stick and Orange Zest
- *You can halve this recipe to make a smaller batch
- **You can leave this simmering on the lowest heat to keep warm through out a party.
- Or double this recipe to make a large batch and then transfer to a crock pot to keep warm!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/