Write a review
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3lbs ground beef (a little more or a little wont effect the recipe)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3/4 c dry red wine
- 3, 15oz can tomato sauce (I use gefen)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- In a large over medium heat, add oil and onion.
- Cook for 7-8 min stirring frequently until they are soft and just begin to slightly color.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min. Add meat, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Break up meat very gently, not over working the meat. It will continue to break up as you stir, but you WANT clumps.
- Once the meat is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated add wine.
- Cool for 2 minutes until wine has slightly reduced.
- Add sauce and bay leaves. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour covered.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- Serve over pasta, rice, zucchini noodles or with really good crunchy bread!
- This recipe freezes incredibly well so definitely double and freeze!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/