LEMON, MAPLE & GARLIC CHICKEN
Write a review
- 2 chickens, spatchcocked, skin loosened
For the rub
- 6 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
For the Chicken
- 4 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 tsp. cracked black pepper, divided
- 3 large lemons, halved
- *See notes for instructions using different cuts of chicken
- Preheat oven to 350f and liberally grease a half size baking sheet.
- Pat chickens very dry and lay skin and breast side down on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, stir together the garlic, maple syrup, olive oil and zest.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp each of salt and pepper over each chicken.
- Next rub a quarter of the rub onto the back side of each chicken, making sure to get it into all the nooks and cramnnies.
- Take 2 of the lemon halves and squeeze one over each chicken.
- Flip the chicken over.
- Now repeat the process on the tops of the chickens.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp each salt and pepper over the top.
- Next divide remaining rub mixture in half and rub each chicken with half the mixture.
- Only this time be sure and get plenty of that rub under the skin and directly onto the flesh for extra flavor!
- Lastly take 2 more halves of the lemons and squeeze on top of each chicken.
- Place the rest of the lemon halves on the baking tray to roast right along side the chicken.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 1 hour until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy!
- Immediately before serving squeeze the juice of the roasted lemons right over there chicken!
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- *You can prep this in advance by marinating the chicken in the rub ingredients from the night before. Just add the salt and pepper directly to the rub, then spreading it on both sides of the chicken.
If your using other cuts of chicken follow this guide
Boneless Chicken cutlets (for 12 thin cutlets)
- Marinate cutlets in rub ingredients + 1 tbsp salt and pepper.
- (Marinate for 1 hour or overnight)
- Grill on high heat.
- Once you put the chicken on the grill squeeze lemon over the top.
For chicken legs aka. drumsticks or polices (for 12 legs)
- Marinate legs in rub ingredients + 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp pepper.
- Right before baking add the juice of 1-2 lemons to the bowl or bag where the chicken is marinating.
- Allow to sit for five minutes then transfer to a balding sheet and bake, uncovered, on 350f for 1 hour.
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/