KOREAN BBQ SKIRT STEAK
Write a review
- 1 kilo (2.2lbs. skirt steak), fat trimmed, cut into 5-6 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
For the marinade
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 red thai chiles, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ghojuchang
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp, rice vinegar
- Fill a large bowl with cold water.
- Add cider vinegar and skirt steak.
- Allow to soak for 30 minutes to help remove the salt from the meat and tenderize it.
- Meanwhile, prepare your marinade.
- Add all the ingredients to your food process and blend until the peppers and garlic are very finely minced and incorporated into the liquid.
- Remove skirt steak from water bath and rinse under cold water.
- Use a towel to dry the meat very well and place in a ziplock bag.
- Add marinade to the bag, seal it and then using your hands, massage the meat so that the marinade gets evenly distributed across all the pieces of steak.
- marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight on the fridge.
- Turn ziplock bag over halfway through so that all pieces marinate evenly.
- Remove bag from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat your bbq or grill pan until it is very very hot.
- Lightly grease with a little oil and then add pieces of meat to the grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes on the first side.
- Before flipping over use a pastry brush to brush remaining marinade over each piece.
- Flip over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with scallion salad and enjoy!
- *If you are nervous about the spice use only 1 pepper
- **You can order kosher Ghojuchang on amazon. The brand is KOKO (Kosher Korean)
- ***If you want to serve these in tacos (which I highly recommend) slice them into long pieces against the grain!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/