Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
Write a review
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 & 2/3 cups sugar
- Place a large heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat.
- Add milk and sugar.
- Stir continuously for about 10 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and you begin to see steam rising from the milk.
- (It is important to keep stirring and watching the pot to prevent the milk from coming to a boil.)
- At this point, reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting or flame.
- Stir milk mixture every 15-20 minutes.
- Allow milk to slowly and gently reduce by half it's volume.
- This will take around 2 hours.
- It will be thicker and syrupy at the end and slightly darker in color.
- Allow to cool and then pour into jars or Tupperware.
- Refrigerate until using.
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/