This recipe is very customizable. I am going to give you a base recipe and then underneath a bunch of variations.
I hope you play around with the variations and come up with fun new ways to make these!
Oh, and if you do, let me know!!!
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 &1/3 cup skim milk or almond milk
- 1&1/4 cups grated Granny Smith apples (about 2 apples)
- 2 tsp. cinammon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- extra 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375f (190c), line muffin tins with liners and grease well!
- Put all the ingredients, plus any additions, into a bowl and mix well.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
- (the liquid accumulates, so keep mixing the mixture)
- Bake for 25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- *These muffins are not very sweet. First thing in the morning they will taste sweeter than they will after you have eaten other food throughout the day
- **The texture is somewhere between a muffin and chewy granola bar. I like to slice my muffins in half and toast them.
- ***Coconut sugar does not have a coconut flavor. Give it a try!