Granola Stuffed Apples
Write a review
- 6 apples, washed and cored (I used green)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp bourbon (or whiskey, amaretto...)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 c canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Grease a 9 inch circular or rectangular oven to table baking dish (just make sure the apples fit inside!).
- Sprinkle 1/4 c of the sugar on the bottom of the pan.
- Drizzle vanilla and bourbon on top of the sugar.
- Place cored apples on top.
- In a bowl, combined the rest of the ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Stuff about 2 tbsp worth of granola mixture into the core of each apple and sprinkle remaining mixture in the nooks and crannies between the apples.
- Literally grease a large piece of foil with non stick spray and cover the baking dish tightly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/