Golden Lemon Honey Cake
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 1&1/3 cups honey
- 1&1/2 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from about 2&1/2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup rich's whip
- Preheat oven to 350f (180c)
- Grease 3 English cake tins. (see note for details)
- In a stand mixer combine eggs and honey.
- Once blended together add in sugar and beat for 2 minutes.
- With mixer running add oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and sext.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Measure Lemmon juice and rich whip and combine into one cup.
- With mixer running on the lowest speed add 1/3 of the flour mixture.
- Once incorporated add 1/2 the lemon mixture.
- Next add the second 1/3 of the flour mixture.
- Pour in the remixing lemon mixture.
- Gently add in the remaining flour mixture.
- Mix until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour batter evenly into the 3 tins and place on the oven.
- Baske for 25-35 minutes depending on your oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean!
- Serve with a sprinkling of confectioners sugar and enjoy with your favorite tea!
Notes & Tips
- *Spray your measuring cup with non stick spray before measuring honey.
- **An English cake pan is about 2-3 inches by 13 inches. It is sometimes referred to as a loaf pan. Use the closest thing you have to that size. The cake may need to cook a few minutes more or less depending what you use!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/