Write a review
- 1 kilo rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 7 cups hot water
- Place rice in a metal sieve and rinse under running water until water runs clear
- Heat a large pot over medium heat
- Add oil, garlic and onions
- Cook until onions are lightly golden, stirring often
- Raise heat and add salt and rice
- Stir rice around hot pot for a few minutes until every grain is coated in oil
- Add hot water and cover immediately
- Cook for ten minutes, and then turn off heat
- Leave covered for another 10-15 minutes until rice is tender
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Another delicious recipe from my Brazilian friends, Nomi Fink and Malki Landau.
- *For a real Brazilian meal, topped with the Brazilian Beans.
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/