Apples & Honey Mustard Chicken
Write a review
For the honey mustard
- 1/2 cup honey (spray the measuring cu wit non stick spray before measuring the honey. this will help it slide right out!)
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp mayo
For the chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-2 green apples, peeled, cored and shiny sliced
- 1 whole chicken cut into ten pieces (or 8-10 pieces of whatever you like)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning the chicken
- 1-2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350f (180c).
- Mix together all the ingredients for the honey mustard and set aside.
- Grease a large pyrex or 9x13 inch pan.
- Lay sliced onions and half of the sliced apples on the bottom of the pan.
- Place chicken pieces on top.
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to coat all the chicken pieces with the honey mustard.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the honey mustard till the chicken is cully coated.
- Lay remaining apple slices in the little nooks and crannies all around the chicken.
- Spray the top of the breadcrumbs with pam.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with tin foil and bake for 1h 20m.
- Remove cover and continue baking until the top is crispy and the chicken is c cooked to your likeness.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- *You can make the honey mustard mixture up to ten days in advance!
- **I use chicken without skin because my won't eat the skin and I do not like to spend my whole meal peeling everyones off! However, there are no absolute rules here, so feel free to use whatever kind of chicken you like!
- ***Also, feel free to add another veggies you like to onions and apples. I am going to add a whole bunch of sliced fennel next time!
Peas, Love & Carrots https://peaslovencarrots.com/