No fail, Homemade Mayonnaise
Write a review
- 2 cups of oil (a neutral oil like canola, walnut or grapeseed. No olive oil)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 heaping tsp. dijon mustard (when not making for pesach)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all the ingredients in the long container that comes with your immersion blender.
- Place the blender in and the second it touches the eggs turn it on and do not lift it (oil on top will slowly drizzle in).
- Once the mixture on the bottom of the container gets thicker gently gently lift up one side and then don’t lift other side until all oil is streamed in.
- Continue that process of only lift one side and then the other until you reach the top of the container.
- At this point go up and down 2-3 times and all the oil will be incorporated and your mayo thick and creamy.
For garlic mayo
- Take out half the mixture (unless you want all garlic mayo) and reserve.
- Add in three cloves of crushed garlic and then one last blend.
Peas, Love & Carrots http://peaslovencarrots.com/