ALMOND TECHINA (sesame free)
Write a review
- 2 cups of whole raw peeled almonds (sometimes called blanched almonds)
- 3 lemons, halved
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 & 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Put in big food processor and scrape down sides every so often
- If gets too thick add in water every once in a while
- If too diluted add extra lemon
- Taste and adjust seasoning, add in handful parsley.
- Put everything (besides water and parsley) in a big food processor
- Pulse to combine.
- Keep scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Once almonds are finely ground add in water 1/2 cup at at time.
- The techina is done when the mixture is loose and runny.
- At this point turn the food processor to high and leave it on four one minute to smooth out the techina as much as possible.
- Add parsley and blend one last time to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Peas, Love & Carrots http://peaslovencarrots.com/