ABBY'S PESTO PASTA
Write a review
- 5 cups packed basil leaves (4 oz)
- 20 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1&1/2 tsp sugar
- 5 tsp salt
- 2&1/2 tsp pepper
- 1&3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups canola oil
- cooked pasta (Abby always uses mini shells, so thats what I use!)
- Put everything into a blender or food processors and juzz until smooth.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- *this recipe is huge. It makes a little over a quart of pesto. Use what you need for whatever you are making and freeze the rest in small containers.
- * To make the pasta in advance, cook pasta according to the directions, then drain and drizzle a ver small amount of canola oil over them. This will help prevent sticking! To serve, just take pesto and pasta out of the fridge and allow both to come to room temperature. Toss pesto with pasta just before serving.
Peas, Love & Carrots http://peaslovencarrots.com/